In a significant development, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has implemented unified USSD codes for all mobile networks in Nigeria. This update aims to streamline and simplify the user experience by providing harmonized shortcodes (HSC) that are operational across all mobile networks in the country. This article will provide you with the latest information on the newly established unified USSD codes and their functions.
Unified USSD Codes for Mobile Networks in Nigeria:
- Customer Service: Dial 300 If you require assistance or have any queries, dial the universal customer service code, 300, to connect with the customer service representatives of your mobile network provider.
- Loan Services: Dial *303# To access loan services offered by your mobile network provider, simply dial the universal USSD code, *303#. This code will provide you with the necessary information and options for availing loans.
- Stop VAS: Dial *305# If you wish to unsubscribe or stop Value Added Services (VAS) offered by your mobile network, dial the universal code, *305#. This code will guide you through the process of discontinuing any additional services.
- Balance Inquiry: Dial *310# To check your mobile network balance, use the universal USSD code, *310#. Dial this code, and you will receive details regarding your remaining call credit, data balance, and other relevant information.
- Credit Top-Up: Dial *311# To recharge or top-up your mobile network credit, dial the universal USSD code, *311#. This code will allow you to conveniently add credit to your account without the need for physical recharge cards.
- Data Subscription: Dial *312# For data subscription and internet services, dial the universal USSD code, *312#. This code will provide you with various data bundles and subscription options to choose from based on your requirements.
- Sharing Services: Dial *321# To share your mobile network credit with family or friends, dial the universal USSD code, *321#. This code will enable you to transfer credit from your account to another mobile number within the same network.
- Data Balance Check: Dial *323# To check your data balance or remaining data volume, dial the universal USSD code, *323#. This code will provide you with information on your current data usage and the amount of data remaining in your account.
- Do Not Disturb (DND): Send “STOP” to 2442 To disactivate the Do Not Disturb (DND) service, which blocks unwanted promotional messages and calls, send “STOP” to the universal shortcode, 2442. This will help you manage and control the communications you receive from your mobile network provider.
- Network Switch Services: Dial 3232 To switch between mobile networks while retaining your existing phone number, dial the universal USSD code, 3232. This code will guide you through the network switch process, allowing you to seamlessly transition to a different network.
- NIN Verification and NIN-SIM Connection: Dial *996# To verify your National Identification Number (NIN) and connect it with your SIM card, dial the universal USSD code, *996#. This code will assist you in the process of linking your NIN with your mobile network SIM card as per the regulatory requirements.
Please Note: The Importance of Transitioning to the Unified USSD Codes It is crucial to be aware that the previously used USSD codes for specific mobile network services will no longer be in use. To ensure uninterrupted access to the services mentioned above, it is imperative to adopt and use the newly established unified USSD codes provided by the NCC.
The introduction of unified USSD codes for mobile networks in Nigeria represents a significant step towards enhancing user convenience and standardizing mobile services across the country. By utilizing the provided universal codes, users can access customer service, check balances, subscribe to services, and perform various other functions seamlessly. Stay updated with these changes and transition to the unified USSD codes to continue enjoying uninterrupted mobile network services.